Monday, March 12, 2018

Creepy Pair of Underwear / Review


Creepy Pair of Underwear!

Written by Aaron Reynolds

Illustrated by Peter Brown

An enjoyable story that tickles your funny bone. With a humorous storyline, this story teaches children how fear can crop up anything or anywhere and that fear is not a bad thing.

Jasper's mom brings him to the store to buy him plain white underwear, but then Jaspers sees...CREEPY UNDERWEAR that glows in the dark. 

He claims he's a big bunny now, so his mom buys him one pair. That night, he puts on his new underwear and goes to bed, but they're so bright and eerily green that he can't go to sleep. He takes it off and puts on his plain whites. That's when things get really creepy. This scary underwear has a mind of its own and clearly doesn't want to go away. Just when they're gone for good, he realizes he likes the green glow at night. Without it, it's too dark!

The illustrations are amazing. The underwear really does seem to glow, adding to the entire experience.

This story will have you and your kids laughing out loud. 

All kids go through that stage of needing to buy "big kid" underwear and being afraid of the dark, and this tale combines both of those in a cute way.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED


4 comments:

  1. So fun! I love picture books like this and my kids really like spooky-funny stories too. Hopefully my library has a copy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found this copy at my library, so there's a good chance. This story was a delight. :)

      Delete
  2. I read this to my K-2 students in the library (following Creepy Carrots) and the students LOVED it. They were cracking up and the pictures really do seem to glow. My only problem is now it is missing from the library. I think someone may have borrowed it without checking it out.

    Thanks for sharing your review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can tell kids are going to enjoy this book. Next, they'll be wanting glow-in-the-dark underwear!

    ReplyDelete